Friends of AYA
Friends of AYA is a community of young professionals between the ages of 23-35 who support AYA through service and leadership.
AYA hosts several events throughout the year to involve young professionals in the work of the school. If you would like more information about future Friends of AYA events or volunteer opportunities please contact Elizabeth Smith, (404) 924-2686.
- Coaching for Extracurricular Activities
- Service Projects
Events Throughout the Year:
- Braves Mean Business - Friends of AYA are invited to a Braves tailgate and game where they will be paired with a junior high student to hang out with. This opportunity allows for the students to interact with young professionals and just have a fun, relaxed night!
- Friends of AYA Gathering - A relaxed night of wine, beer, hors d'oeuvres, and fellowship! Take a couple hours to learn about what is happening at AYA. Bring friends and share in the fellowship.
- Cartwheel Ball - An annual ball organized by a group of recent college graduates that wants to give to the Atlanta youth community in a way that can be realistically managed with their schedules and careers. Through the decision to support the Atlanta Youth Academy, the organization host committee, made up of 23-27 year olds, is able to promote volunteering at the school as well as appeal to those willing to make a charitable donation to support a child’s tuition.
- This year’s event will be Saturday, July 27th at Terminal West. Follow AYA on Facebook or Instagram for updates and announcements on this year’s Cartwheel Ball.
- For information regarding Cartwheel Ball sponsorships, please click here.