Georgia GOAL Tax Credit Program
I love what AYA is doing for kids who wouldn't have this opportunity to excel. That's why I support their mission each year. GOAL is such an easy way, at no cost to me, to give to AYA above and beyond my out of pocket contributions. The Georgia GOAL organization provides the simple steps that only take a few minutes each year to allocate a portion of your GA tax dollars to AYA.
Put your Georgia state income tax dollars to work for AYA students! In addition to your gift to our Annual Fund, this is a way to give that cost you nothing and means the world to our students.
We would like to thank those who participated in 2018. GOAL is now accepting applications for 2019! Apply here today and provide valuable scholarship funds for a deserving child.
Unlike many other independent schools, the majority of our AYA families qualify to receive these student scholarship funds.
This is a proven opportunity that is a win-win-win for taxpayers, scholarship recipients, and our school community. By simply contributing to the Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program for a 100% Georgia income tax credit, you will provide vital scholarship funding for a significant percentage of our students.
This valuable Georgia law is a rare and precious opportunity provided to us by our state legislators. Over the past several years, the tax credit program has become so popular that all $58 million in available credits are consumed on the first business day of the year. You do not want to miss out on this unique opportunity to control a portion of tax dollars that you would already pay. These funds will help provide the hope of educational opportunity for students whose futures might otherwise appear bleak.
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status
- Single individual or head of household – up to $1,000
- Married couple filing a joint return – up to $2,500
- Married couple filing a separate return – up to $1,250
- S corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner – up to $10,000
- C corporation or Trust – up to 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability
How to Contribute & Take the Tax Credit
- Complete the 2019 GOAL Tax Credit Application today at www.goalscholarship.org (takes just 20 seconds!).
- On the first business day of January 2019, GOAL submits your application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
- Approved to Contribute. GOAL and DOR notify you of approved tax credit amount and payment deadline in early January 2019.
- Make Payment. Pay GOAL by check or credit card within 60 days of DOR approval (by mid-March 2019).
- Take the Credit. In May, GOAL will send you a Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) for claiming the credit on your 2019 Georgia income tax return (Note: you will take the credit when you file your 2019 taxes in 2020).