Georgia GOAL Tax Credit Program
Put your Georgia state income tax dollars to work for AYA students!
Apply today for a tax credit that will provide valuable scholarship funds for a deserving child.
Unlike many other independent schools, the majority of our AYA families qualify to receive these student scholarship funds.
This is a proven opportunity that is a win-win-win for taxpayers, scholarship recipients, and our school community. By simply contributing to the Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program for a 100% Georgia income tax credit, you will provide vital scholarship funding for a significant percentage of our students.
This valuable Georgia law is a rare and precious opportunity provided to us by our state legislators. Over the past several years, the tax credit program has become so popular that all $58 million in available credits are consumed on the first business day of the year. You do not want to miss out on this unique opportunity to control a portion of tax dollars that you would already pay. These funds will help provide the hope of educational opportunity for students whose futures might otherwise appear bleak.
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status
- Single individual or head of household – up to $1,000
- Married couple filing a joint return – up to $2,500
- Married couple filing a separate return – up to $1,250
- S corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner – up to $10,000
- C corporation or Trust – up to 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability
How to Contribute & Take the Tax Credit
- Apply Now (anytime from June 2017 – December 15, 2017). Complete the 2018 GOAL Tax Credit Application today at www.goalscholarship.org (takes just 20 seconds!).
- GOAL Submits to DOR. On the first business day of January 2018, GOAL submits your application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
- Approved to Contribute. GOAL and DOR notify you of approved tax credit amount and payment deadline in early January 2018.
- Make Payment. Pay GOAL by check or credit card within 60 days of DOR approval (by mid-March 2018).
- Take the Credit. In May, GOAL will send you a Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) for claiming the credit on your 2018 Georgia income tax return (Note: you will take the credit when you file your 2018 taxes in 2019).
Please contact Erin Blair at AYA for more information - 404-924-2682