Put your Georgia state income tax dollars to work for AYA students! In addition to your gift to our Annual Fund, this is a way to give that costs you nothing and means the world to our students.
We would like to thank those who have participated in the GOAL program in past years.
We were blessed to be able to offer GOAL scholarship funding to nearly 135 of our AYA students for the 2022-2023 school year.
“I love what AYA is doing for kids who wouldn’t have this opportunity to excel. That’s why I support their mission each year. GOAL is such an easy way, at no cost to me, to give to AYA above and beyond my out of pocket contributions. The Georgia GOAL organization provides the simple steps that only take a few minutes each year to allocate a portion of your GA tax dollars to AYA.”
What is the Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program?
The GOAL Program is a remarkable and brilliant opportunity provided to Georgians by our elected officials. The GOAL fundamentals include:
- The fundamental right of parents to choose the best K-12 education for their children
- The essential Georgia law that empowers taxpaying citizens to be part of the solution to improving education in our state – at no cost
- The vital program component, whereby individual compassion is indispensable to addressing the need for excellent K-12 educational opportunities for all students.
In exchange for contributions to Georgia GOAL, our partner Student Scholarship Organization, taxpayers receive a 100% state income tax credit!
This is a proven opportunity that is a win-win-win for taxpayer donors, scholarship recipients, and our school community. By simply contributing to Georgia GOAL for a 100% Georgia income tax credit, you will help maximize this source of financial aid for deserving families desiring to receive an AYA education.
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status
|Tax Filing Status||Contribution Limit|
|Married Separate Filer||$2,500|
|Married Joint Filer||$5,000|
|Pass-Through Owner (not making HB 149 election)||$25,000|
|C Corp, Trust, or Pass-Through electing to pay tax at the entity level (HB 149)||75% of annual tax liability|
It is almost certain that GOAL tax credits will be oversubscribed in 2024, just as they were this year. Accordingly, you must submit your 2024 application before the end of 2023 in order to obtain a GOAL tax credit. In addition, keep in mind that you are unlikely to be approved for the full amount of your requested tax credit.
How to Secure Your Contribution & 2024 Tax Credit
1. Apply Now. Complete the 2024 GOAL Tax Credit Application today: It only takes 20 seconds!
2. GOAL Submits to DOR: GOAL submits your application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) on the first business day of January 2024.
3. Approval: By mid-January 2024, GOAL and DOR notify you of approved tax credit amount and payment deadline.
4. Make Payment: Pay GOAL by check or credit card within 60 days of DOR approval. (by mid-March 2024).
5. Claim the Credit: GOAL will send you Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) in May 2024 for claiming the credit on your Georgia income tax return (Note: you will take the credit on the income tax return for the year in which you make the payment). Please contact Lyn Cook at AYA for more information: (404) 924-2686.
“GOAL is such an easy way, at no cost to me, to give to AYA above and beyond my out-of-pocket contributions. The Georgia GOAL organization provides a simple way to allocate a portion of your GA tax dollars to AYA.”
AnonymousFriend of AYA
“AYA does an amazing job providing a new perspective not only to each student but also to the families that are participating in this journey.”
Tree McGlownAYA Board of Trustees
“AYA provides each student with life changing experiences, some of the best I know of any school. This allows students to have life-changing vision.”
Tim TassopoulosFriend of AYA | President & Chief Operating Officer at Chick-fil-A